Saturday, November 1, 2008

Montage of Memories

"Montage – a mosaic, medley, hodgepodge, mishmash

Montage is also the art or process of making a composite picture by bringing together into a single composition a number of different pictures or parts of pictures and arranging these, as by superimposing one on another, so that they form a blended whole while remaining distinct."

So much similar to memories, right? We all have our share of memories – memories of friendships, smiling faces, conversations, love, laughter, fun, fights, making up after fights, journeys, destinations, the first kiss, the first salary, the first drink, the last day of school, the last cigarette you promised yourself you would smoke.. Well, I guess I can go on and on.. Though the moment might pass, you hold on to the memory of it. Like a bag of goodies, you tuck it away in a safe corner, to go back to once in a while and sift through its contents, marveling at how much joy the memory of a moment long gone, can still bring back.

The idea of a sequence of posts - Montage of Memories came to me on one of my fun, weekend trips. Writing a travelogue seemed like too big an effort, and too clichéd. So I thought of putting it all together, a montage of all the fun, frolic, friends, one liners, journeys and destinations that make trips, or rather any occasion so very special.

So here I go making my Montage of Memories.. Coming soon - the first of the series Read on…. And do tell me what you think….

3 comments:

joshy said...

the last cigarette you promised yourself you would smoke..? does this ring a bell anywhere?
hmm..
series of posts..eh?
so u are seriously going to pull down my pants eh?
anyways great write up once again

Mridul Raj said...

Cool, look forward to some hilarious and fun content in your up coming blogs.. Need to keep a close tab on this one now and perhaps my activities too. hehe..

newatthis said...

cant wait to see them!! and somebody warn nish!!