Thursday, January 29, 2009

There are days.. & then there are days....

There are days and then there are days... Got up late, mad rush to make it in time for the office cab, almost missed bfast, got stuck in rush hour traffic, reached late for a meeting, had a ton of work to finish before lunch,rolled up my sleeves and got down to work, work, work.. worked thru lunch, thru coffee breaks, even thru rest room breaks... finally by 6:30 I am done with my tasks for the day. rush to make it in time for the 6:30 cab with my growling stomach reminding me that i havent eaten much since dinner last night. Fret not, i tell myself.. lets go home, fix me a drink, cook a nice yummy dinner & relax,watch a movie, enjoy my evening... Battling hunger pangs, i reach home, shower, change, and get ready to enjoy my lonely evening (Ashish is out of town, in case u r wondering..).. I open the liqour cabinet and gosh.. I cannot believe my eyes.. I am out of Daroo. Hell, no.. Its ok, i tell myself, lets make do with Litchi juice, dont get yourself upset over such a trivial thing.. remember u intend to enjoy ur evening. Okay,i refuse to get upset.. lets cook me some pasta... Humming to myself, i put the pasta to cook on the stove and step out onto the balcony to enjoy a smoke. Shit, I forgot my juice in the kitchen. As i walk in to get it, i'm greeted by a horrible smell. wt the hell is that.. I smell LPG.. Yup.. I am out of cooking gas, which means my pasta is not even half cooked. Damn.. I remember my mom's advice to give the cylinder a nice shake to get even the last bit of gas to burn. But shake as much as i could, Swearing as loudly and in all the 8 languages that i know, i cannot get the damn thing to turn on.
Hell... My hunger knows no bounds now.. so does my frustration.. I take a few deep breaths, and count to 10,to calm myself as i walk out to the balcony to finish my smoke.. Only to find that my last cigarette burnt out before i could even get to it..
Well, I have had enough.To hell with "I'm not letting anything upset or frustrate me today". Am calling it a lousy DAY & putting an end to it, by going to sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.....
Like I said, There are Days & then there are days.....

6 comments:

Mridul Raj said...

There are days, and there are days. Well yes, I can imagine how this can be. It was fun reading this though going through it is definitely a pain. I never knew tat you knew 8 languages? :-O

Rashmi said...

ha...LOL.. there are a lot of things u dont know abt me ;) let it remain that way..

Mridul Raj said...

I ll get there with time. :-P

Rashmi said...

oh gosh.. u are one brave soul.. may god help u.. :P

newatthis said...

u substituted daroo with litchi juice? dire straits indeed!!! but i like your spirit girlie, making sure nothing interfered with your relaxing evening!!!

joshy said...

Serves you right Miss Rosh sen..
nice to know that people work that hard in our company..Nice writing..
perhaps u can use it to cook pasta!