Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Relying on the unreliable!

“Why do u rely on him? Is this the first time something like this has happened?”

Ouch….. Touche…

This from my patient and lovable hubby dear (who is currently out of town, or rather the country) as I raved and ranted about being left stranded in a mall late one evening by a friend for whom I nurse a massive soft corner.

There are very few such people for whom I nurse a soft corner. I am usually very protective about them; turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to most of their faults and caprice. I am always prepared to defend them to hell and back and much to my own, and hubby dear’s chagrin, find myself making excuses for them, even if I am at the receiving end sometimes.

This was one such occasion. I would never have heard the end of it, if I would have tried to defend or make excuses this time. Especially after the trouble I had getting back home that day. So in the greater interest of world peace, I just kept mum. But as always, his dialogue did get me thinking. Soft corners be damned, I hate it when people are unreliable. I hate it when they make plans and promises they cannot keep, are inconsiderate enough to oh-ever-so-casually cancel plans at the last moment and, worst of all, are irresponsible enough to not even inform you about the change in their plans. Is it that they believe my time means less to me than theirs does to them? Even worse are the people who do it over and over again…. And I definitely was not pleased with myself for being in the same situation again.

Anyways, for once, I decided to listen to my more sensible better half (I can almost see him glow now) and in future, try to look out for myself rather than rely on somebody I need to make excuses for or defend to myself later on. After all, a soft corner doesn’t necessarily mean a reliable corner, does it?? ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm u can just see the grin on my face :) love ya

Rashmi said...

:P

newatthis said...

In the "greater interest of world peace?" too much girlie!!

Rashmi said...

U bet.. COnsidering the fact that I am here and he is in the US, i didnt wanna start a cross - continental war. Hence preserve world peace ;)

Rashmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.